Thanks, again, to Ann of More Questions Than Answers for hosting Top Ten Tuesdays!
10. We can go to school in our jammies if we want.
9. I get to spend all day with my girls, watching God’s world unfold in front of them.
8. I have hundreds of daily opportunities to weave the Word of God into my girls’ lives.
7. No long bus rides, brown bag lunches, heavy back packs, or school yard bullies!
6. Each of my children can learn at their own pace. We can slow down or speed up whenever we want and explore topics of interest exhaustively.
5. My girls are learning moral values based on Biblical truth, not cultural norms.
4. We have lots of opportunities to serve others as a family through our school–babysitting, cooking, visiting the elderly, etc.
3. “Extras” like music, art, drama are always in the budget!
2. My kids can be kids much longer–not “mini-adults.”
1. Homeschooling is an issue of obedience, and choosing to do so makes us obedient unto the Lord.
Lord, Thanks for this list. Most days, I really don’t want to obey. I whine like a little child being forced to do something that is ultimately for my own good and the good of others. Give me the desire to be obedient. Help me to remember that this is YOUR plan and Your ways are not my ways, Your thoughts are high above my thoughts. Give me a peace that surpasses any feeble understanding I might have. Thank You for having a plan for me, a plan that will ultimately lead me and my family closer to You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.