I can’t believe how long it’s been since I posted. But, with morning sickness and a severe back injury, my energy must be doled out carefully and sparingly. Blogging has been low on the list. Since I am unable to bend over without falling to the floor or lift anything without crying out in pain, I’ve enlisted the help of my girls with the household chores. Amazingly, my girls have grown up over night and are able to handle proficiently many, many chores around our home. Praise the Lord for my little slaves, er, blessings!
Here are 10 chores I’ve discovered my children are capable of completing:
1. Sorting laundry into appropriate piles for the washing machine.
2. Placing clothes into washer, dryer or a clean laundry basket. Also, starting the washer and dryer with supervision.
3. Unloading the dishwasher, with supervision concerning the silverware and sharp knives.
4. Swiffering the floors.
5. Dusting the furniture, with supervision around the china cabinet:)
6. Collecting the trash cans from around the house and emptying them into the kitchen trash can.
7. Running the vacuum–Emma is the only one old enough to do this so far.
8. Using a Clorox wipe to wipe down the sink and counter in the bathroom–only the older 2 girls. Olivia likes to use wipes on everything…including herself.
9. Putting away their own laundry, the older 2 helping Olivia find the correct drawers for her clothes.
10. Feeding, watering and letting the dogs outside. This is a favorite and one often fought over. I have to keep track of who’s turn it is to avoid WWIII!
Once again, thanks to Ann for hosting Top Ten Tuesdays!