I’m a remedial student. Beginner. Novice. But, I’ve learned a few things so far:
1. It’s all about the Light, not the subject. Anything looks good with the right kind of Light…
2. Steady hands make clear pictures. Shaky, fumbling hands distort the image.
3. Good editing–clearing out the parts that don’t make the picture say anything or lend to the story you are trying to tell–is 75% of photography.
4. Sometimes, it’s jsut God’s grace that makes the shot work.
5. Photography puts you in the position of observing life. It’s important to put the camera down sometimes and get into the picture.
And that’s the sum total of what I know about photography right now. The ultimate Picture-Maker is trying to tell me something, I think…