We’re going on vacation tomorrow. To Disneyland. With four small children. And my in-laws. Overwhelmed is a word that keeps coming to mind, and I’ve hesitated sharing any information about our trip because a) I don’t want to have an ungrateful heart concerning the vacation–it’s a gift from Hubs’ always-generous parents, b) I don’t want anyone to think I’m bragging because we get to have a vacation, and c) I’m prideful.
There, I said it. I don’t know that I feel like a load has been lifted, but honesty bears fruit, I believe. Anyway, as I’ve been packing and preparing, several issues have come to mind and I’m going to ask my readers (all five of you!) to pray. We aren’t starving or destitute or dying, but the Enemy can twist even the smallest and most insignificant of things in such a way as to deny the evidence of Christ in our lives and undo our witness. And I mentioned my pride…part of me wants to be able to control the details of this trip to ensure that everything goes smoothly. So laughable even to read that sentence. If I can’t manage to control which way my hair curls from day-to-day, I’m guessing there will be very little controlling while we are away:)
But, in all seriousness, if you would pray for us, I would be so very, very grateful. I might even bake you chocolate cookies or some of my new favorite yumminess. Specifically, this is how you can pray for us while we are away:
- For our safety. I hate flying. Hate, hate, hate it. I’m asking God to mask my fear for the sake of my children. Or knock me out cold, somehow. Either way, if you could cover our flights with prayer, my stomach and I would be indebted to you.
- For our fellowship. That God would grace us with the ability to be loving and kind-hearted towards each other and strangers.
- For Samuel. He’s a schedule kind of toddler and likes it how he likes it. I think this is going to be a trying week for him in that way. Pray that he would soften and become more flexible.
- For my in-laws. This is a celebration of their retirement and we want them to be so blessed!
- For our home. Please pray for a guard about our home while we are away.
- For our dog. She will be well-cared for, but tends to get a little lonely when we are gone even for a few days. Please pray that she will be safe as well.
- For our children. That they will enjoy their time at Disney, without being consumed by the worldliness of it. And that they will be safe–no lost children or injuries!
I actually feel better having asked. I know I love to pray for the needs of others–to even know that others are in need!–so I trust that we will be blessed by your faithful prayers. And, that laying down my pride will keep our baggage under its weight limit:0)